WBCI Announces New Job Opening
The Wyoming Breast Cancer Initiative (WBCI) has a mission to increase breast cancer awareness and prevention across Wyoming. Since 2016, the WBCI raises funds through various volunteer-led events throughout the state that are then granted into community breast cancer organizations and into a statewide early detection voucher program. Funds raised in Wyoming, Stay in Wyoming.
The Wyoming Breast Cancer Initiative was established in 2016 to fill a gap in Wyoming for breast health after a national organization left the state. The WBCI aims to raise awareness and fund breast cancer programs in Wyoming with an emphasis on increasing breast health education, financially assisting breast cancer screenings, facilitating patient navigation, and promoting survivor services through fundraising efforts across the state, proceeds remain in Wyoming to grant into eligible programs. Since inception, WBCI has granted more than HALF-A-MILLION DOLLARS through 75 Community Grants and 28 Early Detection Voucher Grants funding breast health services in all 23 counties across Wyoming.
About The Events Assistant Position:
The Events Assistant should have a commitment for breast cancer prevention and for expanding the WBCI message throughout Wyoming. This position will collaborate with the Operations and Grants Coordinator and report directly to the Board. The position is Cheyenne home-based with limited travel expectations to Casper to assist in the coordination of events and fundraisers. The Event Assistant hours will vary based on event timelines and assigned duties but will not exceed 40 hours in May; 80 hours in June, July and August; 40 hours in September and October.
- Work collaboratively with the Operations and Grants Coordinator, WBCI Board and committees to ensure overall effectiveness of all organizational functions and events.
- Assist the Operations and Grant Coordinator with the daily operations of the organization and with organizing/coordinating WBCI events.
Specific responsibilities related to Events Assistant role include:
- Work with the Operations and Grants Coordinator to provide successful WBCI events by actively participating in the event planning, coordination, and management.
- Conduct outreach, communicate effectively and coordinate with event chairs, volunteers, donors, vendors, contractors, and event partners.
- Monitor event timelines, ensure deadlines are met, plan upcoming tasks, provide support when needed, attend meetings, and provide updated reports.
- Coordinate event and venue logistics, including writing permits, planning for traffic control, and working with volunteers, partners, and vendors.
- Assist with other tasks when needed. Other tasks may include, but are not limited to, running errands, gathering supplies, mailing packages, and distributing notifications along the run route.
- Assist with social media post and eblasts.
- Plan for potential scenarios that could impact events and provide solutions to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Attend and work WBCI events, including setting up, tearing down, selling merchandise, assisting volunteers, directing traffic, and other duties as they arise.
- Support the Operations and Grants Coordinator with producing, printing, and distributing marketing/promotion materials, event signage, registration packets, etc.
- Help the Operations and Grants Coordinator with merchandise ordering, packaging, sales, and distribution.
- Other duties, as needed, by the Board, WPRR Chair, and Committees.
- Knowledge of and commitment for breast cancer prevention. Willingness to embrace the WBCI vision. Sense of ownership, pride in performance and understanding how the success of an event directly impacts WBCI funded services.
- Strong interpersonal skills; preference for a supportive and collegial team environment.
- Event planning experience.
- Team player with critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good time-management and organizational skills.
- Proficient with social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Google Docs, Spreads, etc.
- Experience with eblasts (Mailchimp/constant contact).
- Self-motivated, highly dependable, ability to work independently with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for planning, prioritizing, and multitasking to meet varied deadlines.
- Must be available August 1st – 15th to assist with Pink Ribbon Run. Must be available to travel to Casper August 6-7. The Pink Ribbon Run is August 14th in Cheyenne.
Rate of Pay: $15.00
No more than 40 hours in May.
No more than 80 hours in June.
No more than 80 hours in July.
No more than 80 hours in August.
No more than 40 hours in September.
No more than 40 hours in October.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials:
- Cover letter
Materials should be emailed to Cara Nett, WBCI board president by April 4th email@example.com. Selected applicants will be offered an interview with expected start date May 2021.