You Are Changing What Breast Cancer Looks Like in Wyoming
The WBCI has a mission to provide funds that support breast cancer services across remote Wyoming; with an ultimate intent to increase survival rate and decrease late-stage diagnosis. Grant applications open in July, notifications are provided before the end of the calendar year and funds are released in January of the following year.
Grant funds will be awarded to eligible programs that meet one or more of the four WBCI goals – increase breast cancer education/awareness, fund early detection screening, organize patient navigation services (nurse and financial navigators, transportation support, childcare help, wigs, etc.), or support breast cancer survivors/families. We currently provide grants in two different programs. Make sure to check out our video below of the impact across Wyoming.
How You Can Join the Fight Against Breast Cancer
WBCI is always seeking new and innovative avenues to increase our revenue so we can continue to fund vitally important programs across the state. Please consider becoming a part of our team. Donations Made in Wyoming, Stay in Wyoming!
- Join the Prestigious Club of 365 Donors
- Host an Event in Honor of a Warrior, Survivor, or Someone Lost to Breast Cancer
- Sign Your Business Up for Get & Give, WBCI Unique Way to Highlight Community Businesses Who Want to Give Back
- Run a Facebook Fundraising Event – You’ll Be Amazed How Many of Your Friends & Family Will Donate. Even $10 Goes A Long Way
- Personally Donate to Help Fund Breast Cancer Projects in Wyoming
Why We Need Your Help
Your Contribution Will Help Fund
* Breast cancer screenings, exams, and diagnostic testing.
* Breast cancer education and awareness events.
* Breast cancer patient supports, like gas cards and lodging when traveling for treatment.
* Breast cancer survivor programs and services.
COVID Affected Breast Cancer Screenings in 2020
* Thousands of women missed their regular screening due to COVID restrictions.
* It is expected, many Wyoming women will be left uninsured due to COVID shutdowns.
* Organizations providing breast cancer services are expected to have increased needs.
How 2020 Changed WBCI Funding:
WBCI had one of the most difficult grant review periods since we started. For 2020 funding, we received 23 Community Grant applications, totaling nearly $200,000 in funding requests. Not only is this a record-breaking request for funds, it comes during a difficult financial year. Unfortunately, we weren’t able to fully fund all of the grant requests that came in, but we were still able to fund over $149,000 – the highest Community Grant year to date!
WBCI Community Grants are competitive grants that are awarded to Wyoming organizations providing vital breast health services. Grant funding categories include education and awareness, screening & diagnostic services, patient navigation, and survivor support services.
2021 Community Grantees
Congratulations to the 2021 Community Grantees.
We couldn’t be more proud to help fund these programs.
The incredible services they provide are as
unique as the communities they serve!
EARLY DETECTION VOUCHER GRANTS
WBCI’s Early Detection Voucher Grants are awarded to local Dept. of Health Wyoming Cancer Resource Service (WCRS) managers to distribute as needed. Funded services include breast cancer screening, early detection, diagnostic testing, and/or biopsies. WBCI voucher funds are available for those in need, without any restrictions based on income, gender, or age.
Find your local WCRS contact by using the interactive map below.
Our Impact Across Wyoming
The Wyoming Breast Cancer Initiative is supported by the community and people just like you. If you are interested in learning more about how you can support the Wyoming Breast Cancer Initiative by donating to our cause, please click below.