We Can Help You Change Wyoming
The WBCI has a mission to provide funds that support breast cancer services across remote Wyoming; with an ultimate intent to increase survival rate and decrease late-stage diagnosis. Grant applications open in July, notifications are provided before the end of the calendar year and funds are released in January of the following year.
Grant funds will be awarded to eligible programs that meet one or more of the four WBCI goals – increase breast cancer education/awareness, fund early detection screening, organize patient navigation services (nurse and financial navigators, transportation support, childcare help, wigs, etc.), or support breast cancer survivors/families. We currently provide grants in two different programs. Make sure to check out our video below of the impact across Wyoming.
How You Can Join the Fight Against Breast Cancer
WBCI Grant Reviewers will be tasked with making difficult decisions this year. We received 23 Community Grant applications, totaling nearly $200,000 in funding requests. Not only is this a record breaking request for funds, it comes in the midst of a difficult financial year.
WBCI is always seeking new and innovative avenues to increase our revenue so we can continue to fund vitally important programs across the state. Please consider becoming a part of our team. Donations Made in Wyoming, Stay in Wyoming!
- Join the Prestigious Club of 365 Donors
- Host an Event in Honor of a Warrior, Survivor or Someone Lost to Breast Cancer
- Sign Your Business Up for Get & Give, WBCI Unique Way to Highlight Community Businesses Who Want to Give Back
- Run a Facebook Fundraising Event – You’ll Be Amazed How Many of Your Friends & Family Will Donate. Even $10 Goes A Long Way
- Personally Donate to Help Fund Breast Cancer Projects in Wyoming
WBCI Community Grants are competitive grants that are awarded to Wyoming organizations providing vital breast health services. Grant funding categories include education and awareness, screening & diagnostic services, patient navigation, and survivor support services.
WBCI is currently reviewing Community Grant Applications
Community Grants undergo a competitive application and review process. If you have questions, please submit them to email@example.com
Community Grant Funding Cycle for 2021
- July 1, 2020 – Application Process Opens
- October 30, 2020 – Application Process Closes
- Nov 1, 2020 – Final Report Due for Projects Funded Last Year and Requesting Carry-Over or New Funds for 2021
- November 2020 – Committee Reviews Applications, Make Recommendations for Final Board Approval.
- December 2020 – Awards Announced
- January 2021 – Funds Awarded
- December 31, 2021 – Final Report Due
To Submit An Application for a Community Grant
EARLY DETECTION VOUCHER GRANTS
WBCI’s Early Detection Voucher Grants are awarded to local Dept. of Health Wyoming Cancer Resource Service (WCRS) managers to distribute as needed. Funded services include breast cancer screening, early detection, diagnostic testing and/or biopsies. WBCI voucher funds are available for those in need, without any restrictions based on income, gender or age.
Find your local WCRS contact by using the interactive map below.
Our Impact Across Wyoming
The Wyoming Breast Cancer Initiative is supported by the community and people just like you. If you are interested in learning more about how you can support the Wyoming Breast Cancer Initiative by donating to our cause, please click below.